November 15, 2019 – The Harvard Club of Boston will host a night of standup comedy and fundraising on Friday, November 22 hosted by Jimmy Tingle, Harvard Kennedy School ’10 and featuring five other comedians who are also Harvard alums currently working as standup comics locally and nationally.
The evening will include a live auction to benefit Harvard Kennedy School New England Alumni
Association. Performers include:
Zachary Brazão ’16 was a finalist in the 2017 Boston Comedy Festival and placed third in the Massachusetts Funniest Person contest at Laugh Boston.
- Hanna Evensen ’16 won the Rooster T Feathers comedy competition and finished as a semi-finalist in the San Francisco International Comedy Competition in 2018.
- Jess Fleischer ’10 who performs all over New York City from the basements of Greenwich Village to the roast battles at The Stand to the prestigious New York Comedy Club.
- Ethan Herschenfeld ’90 who is an accomplished opera singer, comedian and actor and organized the first Harvard alumni comedy show at the Harvard Club of New York in 2018.
- Tommy O’Regan ’15 is the co-founder of the annual “Laughing with Your Buddies” charity show for the
- Travis Roy Foundation in which he recently opened for Bill Burr at The Wilbur Theatre in Boston.
Jimmy Tingle has worked as a humorist and commentator for 60 Minutes II and MSNBC and has appeared on The Tonight Show, CNN, Conan O’Brien, Fresh Air with Terry Gross and in his own HBO
half-hour comedy special. Tingle is also the founder of a new social enterprise and solo show entitled “Humor for Humanity” which aspires to raise spirits, funds and awareness for nonprofits, charities and social causes.
The Harvard Club of Boston is a private club established in 1908 to encourage the social, intellectual and athletic interests of our members, to promote the welfare of Harvard University, to assist students with financial aid, and to foster the Harvard Spirit in all Harvard men and women. The organization maintains two clubhouses: one in the Back Bay neighborhood in Boston, and one in the Financial District. Members of the Club have access to exclusive events, dining opportunities, and athletic facilities in the two locations. With approximately 5,000 members, the Harvard Club is one of the City’s premier private clubs and has been named a Platinum Club of America and a Platinum Club of the World.