- May 16, 2019 – The future of artificial intelligence (AI) and its impact on retail banking was the intriguing topic of discussion at the Harvard Club of Boston on May 16, 2019.. The event featured Steve Le Roux, Founder & CEO of Envel, the world’s first AI-powered bank (based in Boston) as well as Co-founder & CTO of Envel, Dmitri Artamonov. Topics included:
- • Growth of the fintech industry in the Boston area
• Emerging AI-based banking technologies
• Changing tastes of the Millenial and Generation Z markets
• Creating new value in banking services by leveraging artificial intelligence
- Before starting Envel, Steve Le Roux was leading game changing innovation within government, financial service industries, NGOs and FTSE 100 companies. Founded London based tech firms in mid-2000s. Honored by the British Virgin Islands Government. Serves as Advisory Board Member to Lafferty International Retail Banking and Fintech Council and relative of the late 19th century English romantic poet John Keats.
Dmitri Artamonov is a senior technology professional with over a decade of experience building enterprise-grade computer software solutions for the banking, insurance, media and professional services industries. In the past he had started his own consulting company and an automated services company that leveraged machine learning for Affordable Care Act compliance automation. Dmitri holds a master’s degree in management from Harvard University.
Harvard-founded and MIT-backed Envel plans to launch their main offering in Q3 2019, allowing users to have real-time control over their finances with the ability to turn their account on ‘autopilot’, thus building wealth autonomously. Envel’s primary goal is to put money back in the hands of the customers, enabling a new generation to rise above credit dependency and the growing debt crisis. Its primary differentiator is the use of artificial intelligence services to guide real savings and long-term wealth accumulation.
About the Harvard Club of Boston
The Harvard Club of Boston is a private club established in 1908 to encourage the social, intellectual and athletic interests of our members, to promote the welfare of Harvard University, to assist students with financial aid, and to foster the Harvard Spirit in all Harvard men and women. The organization maintains two clubhouses: one in the Back Bay neighborhood in Boston, and one in the Financial District. Members of the Club have access to exclusive events, dining opportunities, and athletic facilities in the two locations. With approximately 5,000 members, the Harvard Club is one of the City’s premier private clubs and has been named a Platinum Club of America and a Platinum Club of the World.